Apple seeds Mac OS 10.6.4 [10f50]
See also: Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo tips the scales near 900MB
June’s Worldwide Developer Conference won’t be focussed on OS X, yet development of the company’s latest Snow Leopard maintenance update continues apace.
World of Apple reports that Apple has seeded OS X 10.6.4 [10f50], the third general developer release of this Snow Leopard maintenance update which is focussed on correcting issues with Graphics Drivers, SMB, USB, Voice Over and VPN.
Discreet problems covered by Apple engineers in this seed include:
• Resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
• Resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
• Address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
• Improve reliability of VPN connections
• Resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
• Resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
• Improve VoiceOver compatibility with iMovie and GarageBand
• Improve compatibility with some braille displays
Lastly, the previous [10f46] seed’s one know issue with the HelveticaNeue.dfont is gone, being replaced a formatting problem with incorrectly formatting marketing text.
That said, given Apple’s previous practice and that this update appears to be around the midway point, OS X 10.6.4 will likely be publicly released in the June timeframe.