Mac OS X 10.6.4 [10f58] has ‘no known issues’
See also: Mac OS X 10.6.4 Combo tips the scales near 900MB
Apple’s released a second OS X 10.6.4 developer seed in under a week. Generally speaking, seeds coming in stacked like this “without issues” often indicates that the general release isn’t too far off.
MacRumors reports that a fifth developer seed of Mac OS X 10.6.4 [10f58] has arrived. Yes, the focus areas remain the same — Graphics Drivers, SMB, USB, Voice Over, VPN — but for the second seed in a row there are no known issues.
However, another indicator of the relative nearness of the general release is holding relatively steady (i.e. issues addressed by this specific seed):
• Resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
• Resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
• Address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
• Improve reliability of VPN connections
• Resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
• Resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
• Improve compatibility with some braille displays
So, seeds coming faster with no known issues seems to say “soon.” Yet, it’s still a couple weeks until WWDC and Apple’s still resolving minor issues. Yes, there is a disconnect between “no known issues” and still fixing issues, but we’ve been here before.
So, probably not next week…
What’s your take?