G-Force 4.2.0: BT colormaps, reduced CPU
Having a house party? Professional DJ? Planning a trippy night out? Then you need visuals and Soundspectrum, a.k.a. Andy O’Meara, has the stimulating bits you need with prices ranging from zero to $30. Thereupon, G-Force is an all-time iTunes visualizer fan favorite and there’s a new version.
G-Force 4.2.0 (version history) is a point update with some punch, offering new colormaps as well as performance tweaks that reduce processor load:
• Several new ColorMaps from BT, and new WaveShapes from JRM and Andy
• Reduced CPU load by 15 to 20 percent if the frame dimensions are both less than 2048 pixels
• Fixed string concat bug that was causing stability issues in some environments
• Fixed G-Force Toolbar issue that was causing an error saying that the engine version didn’t match the toolbar version
• Fixed bug where the engine would check for updates on every launch instead of honoring the period specified in the prefs and would sometimes falsely report an update was available
• Added GIF file format support
— SoundSpectrum rolls Winter Wonderland, Aeon iTunes visualizers
— How to: Show hidden iTunes visualizer controls
— iTunes visualizers SoftSkies, WhiteCap updated
— Christmas: Top 5, best holiday screensavers, icon sets for OS X …
Get your copy of G-Force 4.2.0 here.