What’s new in iTunes 10.4.1
Fire up Software Update, because it’s time to tune up. Apple has squeezed out an iTunes point update that offers no new features, those came in the previous release, but there are bug fixes.
• Fixes a problem where the media keys on some third-party keyboards work inconsistently with iTunes
• Addresses issues with adding artwork to songs and videos
• Resolves an issue which may cause iTunes to become unresponsive when purchasing an HD movie
• Fixes a problem where iTunes may take longer than expected to open after waking your Mac from sleep
• Addresses issues with VoiceOver support
• iTunes 10.4.1 for Windows (64 bit) (Download) is available
Those are all well and fine, sure to be welcomed by the affected. However, although this first 64-bit version of iTunes seems to run faster overall, music playback on my 2007 iMac running OS X 10.7.1 is often choppy with frequent drop outs — worse than before — when processor intensive tasks are running in the background, anyone else?