X-Plane 10: A plausibly dynamic world
The world’s most comprehensive, powerful flight simulator lets you get behind the yoke of aircraft big and small, from a Cessna 172 to the Space Shuttle. Moreover, if your fave plane isn’t part of the default install, hundreds of aircraft are available for download.
“[A] gajillion various flight-model and scenery over-hauls and a near-complete internal re-write to make the code more object-oriented and thus easier to modify and debug,” writes X-Plane developer Laminar Research.
X-Plane 10 is here, better and more realistic than ever. Compatible with just about any 2GHz or faster (PPC G4, Intel) Mac running OS X 10.4 or later, this is the benchmark for flight simulation on the Mac.
New and tweaked features in v.10 include:
• New system for auto-generating plausible scenery for the entire world
• A new, highly-detailed cloud and weather rendering system
• A flight model with improved accuracy and even greater power
• A completely redone ATC and AI Aircraft system
• The ability to more fully utilize multi-core CPUs for enhanced realism
And, yes, my Linux and Windows PC friends, there are versions available for you, too… Group hug!