Toast 11.0.5 resolves Lion issues
Whether or not Apple’s next generation portables include an optical drive or not, the leading disk burning solution on the fairer platform will still be Roxio’s Toast. Come what may, there’s an update available that addresses OS X 10.7 compatibility among other issues.
Roxio has released Toast 11.0.5 (version history), which by all appearances is targeted at cleaning up lingering, orphan issues:
• Resolved issue where malformed MP4 file may cause Toast to crash
• Resolved issue where malformed video files may cause Video Player to crash
• Setting audio crossfades in spanned disc projects should no longer cause a crash
• Users who enjoy scrolling up and down will once again enjoy using the AVCHD Media Browser
• Cosmetic issue where “Pause” and “Resume” buttons did not update has been fixed
• Resolved graphics alignment issue when authenticating to Facebook
• Attempting Vimeo authentication with an unverified account will remind you to verify your email
• Open QuickTime Player option when converting audio now opens QuickTime instead of iTunes
• Length of video is now correctly displayed in main window when working w/ a DVD sources
• Video_TS Folder and Compilation projects will now correctly include DVD-ROM content
• Photos rotated using iPhoto should now be correctly rotated in Toast Media Browser
• Resolves error that may occur when writing Lead-Out track on DVD+R DL media under Lion
• Image File based projects now correctly allow you to replace the first image you added to the project with a new image
• Audio durations will in spanned Audio CD projects will now be correctly updated in the main window
• Resolved cosmetic issue where the volume name of an image file may not display correctly
• Skipping forward and seeking through ASF video files should now work correctly in Video Player
• Resolved issues with window focus when using Quick Look preview on Web Video content
Think your youthful adventures in drugs and alcohol didn’t do any damage? The words “malformed MP4s” pretty much cover it — can’t swim straight, that lot.
Get your own copy of Roxio Toast 11.0.5 here.
Editor’s note: Originally, I posted this update at 11.0.4 and then noted that others were showing 11.0.5. I changed. Now, those other folks have reverted back to 11.0.4 and… round we go.