VLC Media Player 2.0.1 adds MxPEG support, tweaks features, brings fixes
Last we spoke about VLC there was a major rewrite of this popular video playback solution, featuring a complete overall of the user interface and a plethora of new features. This time around it’s 90 percent bug fixes, the kind of point-update level up expected after a whole number.
VideoLAN has released VLC Media Player 2.0.1 (release notes), which comes to market with the following new features and multiple fixes baked in:
• Support for MxPEG files and streams
• New features in the Mac OS X interface for more customization
• Numerous fixes in the Qt, the Mac OS and the skins interfaces
• Fixes for HTTP Live Streaming, CDDB, UDP/RTP support
• Security issues SA-1201 and SA-1202
• Limited support for Bluray discs menus
• Numerous fixes for MKV support
• Fix for splitted RAR files playback
• Numerous fixes for more than 120 bugs
• Codec and 3rd party libraries security updates
Additionally, VideoLAN has also announced a pair of security updates, covering heap and stack overflow issues.
Haven’t used it a ton, but VLC Player 2 has been rather solid and, yes, it is seriously beautiful…
What’s your take?