Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2 now available
Nothing screams “sexy” like the words “service pack.” Ladies and gentlemen, grab a fresh cup and let’s get hot for Redmond’s latest extended and enhanced iteration of Office 2011. Microsoft today announced Office 2011 Service Pack 2 (release notes). Yes, you will find bug fixes (.xls) and security patches baked in, but this update is mostly about Outlook:
• Sync performance with Exchange server
• Performance improvements while deleting multiple items
• Displaying email message content, and sending email
• Outlook IMAP account sync and database performance
• Scheduling resources in the calendar
• Distribution list expansion
• Day number display in the calendar
Additionally, PowerPoint users will be able to take advantage of Lion fullscreen mode, as well as improved Italian and German grammar checking. Compatibility with Microsoft’s generally well regarded SkyDrive has also gotten a boost.
Get your very own framable, Hickory smoked, mother-of-pearl inlaid copy of Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack here. Alternately, if you’re feeling the voyeur, get a 30-day trial for a look around under its fetching bonnet.