CUPS 1.5.3 improves USB backend, fixes iCloud print bug
With the Mac rapidly gaining market share in both the consumer and enterprise segments, more and more printer makers offer drivers. However, there are hundreds of unsupported models out there in the wild and you might be forced to use one, especially when time is tight and the need great — thank goodness for CUPS.
CUPS 1.5.3 (change log) is now available and this new release provides an improved USB backend based on libusb 1.0 and fixes a number of PostScript, SSL, authenticated printing, and networking issues.
• Fixed iCloud-based Back to My Mac printing
• Fixed compile problem with old versions of OpenSSL
• Fixed a SSL handshake issue on OS X
• Fixed httpReconnect() did not reset the read/write buffers
• Fixed PostScript auto-configuration was slow and unreliable with some printers
• And, a couple dozen other features and fixes.
See also: Wikipedia