GraphicConverter 8 goes 64-bit, bids PPC adieu
In the entry-level image editing space, we essentially have Photoshop Elements, Acorn, Pixelmator and Lemke Software’s GraphicConverter. Of course, the latter is the only product available as shareware and ships with perhaps the best integrated slideshow functionality. Good stuff and it will open just about any image format you can find.
Lemke Software has released GraphicConverter 8 (version history). Although full 64-bit compatibility is the big fish in this whole number update, the app also a number of new and interesting features, including:
• Support for large images with more than 16,000 x 16,000 pixels added
• EMF import added
• EMZ import added
• cpbitmap import added
• Added import of FLIR raw data to context menu
• Added interpolation of EXIF date function
• Added rating filter to sort popup in the browser
• WMF import resolution change added
• Added open and save to multiscale dialog
• Added histogram equalization batch
• Added equalizer batch
• Added highlights and shadows batch
The version requires OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, which means bye-bye OS X 10.5 Leopard and, thereby, PowerPC Macs.