Growl 1.4: New tab design, new network features
Although Apple’s building notifications into OS X Mountain Lion, knowledgeable folks have been less than impressed with the implementation. That said, notification delivery on the Mac has been and is still owned by Growl and there’s an update available that offers improved tabs, network functionality and, well, stuff.
It is not free anymore, but I am still a fan and a paying customer. Gowl 1.4 (blog) is available and brings with many bullet points, a few of which are summarized here.
• Applications Tab Redesign, should be much easier to use
• Moved Rollup controls to separate tab
• Major improvements to networking
• New slider switch for on/off switches in prefs
• Added keyboard support to position picker in prefs
• Networking tab, adds support for subscriptions
• Bunches more features and tweaks
• Bunches of bug fixes
Network improvements include support for subscriptions, event handling and authentication/password support.
Growl is available exclusively on Mac App Store for $1.99 — an investment that will pay for itself many times over, great stuff.