Pixelmater 2.0.5 boosts legacy graphics performance
If you are looking for an Adobe Photoshop replacement and you have an older Mac with legacy Intel GMA or ATI HD 2600 or X1600 graphics, then Pixelmator has an update for you. And, the price has been slashed again from $30 to $15.
Pixelmator 2.0.5 (release notes) is now available and comes to market with the following features and fixes, mostly fixes, baked in:
• Improved performance and stability with Intel GMA 950, Intel GMA X3000, Intel GMA X3100, ATI Radeon HD 2600, and ATI Radeon X1600 graphics solutions
• Adds the ability to turn off default document opening in PXM format by typing the following command in the Terminal:
defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator alwaysUseNativeFormat -bool no
• Resolves an issue that prevented using Pixelmator as an external editor in iPhoto and Aperture
• Addresses a problem that sometimes caused an inability to save or export files
• Addresses an issue that allowed images opened from the Photo Browser to be misplaced
• And other bug fixes
And, yes, you read that right — Pixelmator has slashed its price again from $30 to $15. Some months ago, it sold for $50.