Podcasts 1.0.1 is more responsive
Not responsive, but more responsive than before. That said, there are many noticeable improvements in Podcasts 1.0.1 and Apple is well along the road to making this app (I use every day) useable — all kinds of performance and stability enhancements, as well as feature tweaks.
Apple has released Podcasts 1.0.1 and there is already much (attenuated) rejoicing.
• Significant improvements to performance and stability
• Podcasts in your library now show the number of unplayed episodes
• Top Stations now show the podcast title if artwork is missing
• Playback speed is now remembered when playing the next episode
• Fix for a problem where the Subscribe button is inactive
• Resolution of an issue where Top Stations artwork may not appear
iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users really wanted Podcasts to be great. This first point update makes it better, but Podcasts is still laggy and buttons can remain stubbornly unresponsive.
Nevertheless, free is good and Podcasts was barely good enough on Monday. And, now on Wednesday, it’s noticeably better — mo’ better good enough…
What’s your take?