ClamXav 2.3.2 fixes Mountain Lion Sentry issue
The noise about Mac security has died down, but not the need for solid antivirus — set it up to run, update and forget it about. And, now, the best (IMHO) free AV app, ClamXav, is more OS X Mountain Lion compatible.
Mark Allen has released ClamXav 2.3.2 (version history) and it comes to market with a number of notable features:
• Fix for ClamXav Sentry not starting at log in on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
• Added ability to open Sentry log from within ClamXav and vice versa (hold option key)
• Fixed issue where Sentry was unable to communicate with clamd
• Fixed duplicate tooltip in ClamXav’s preferences
• Many crashing bugs fixed
• OS X 10.4 users should NOT download this update
For what it’s worth, configuring apps to launch at login in Mountain Lion is not a problem unique to ClamXav Sentry. For example, I have also experienced launch login failures with audio enhancer Boom.
ClamXav 2.3.2 can be downloaded direct or via the Mac App Store (free).
For what it’s worth the difference between the direct from the developer and App Store iterations of ClamXav is that the latter doesn’t ship with Sentry — available as a separate download.