TuneIn Radio Pro: Local stations, record, alarm and more
Do you have a home phone? If you are under 30, probably not. Similarly, aside from their cars, many people don’t actually own radios anymore. For the always connected, TuneIn Radio Pro reinvents the concept of radio by bringing local radio to the device in your hand on or on your desk with the ability to search by song, record, set alarms and, yeah, more.
Here at the Fairer Platform world headquarters, we have three iHomes and a living room stereo system — none of which are much good here in the corner suite or following me around our 1.25 acre slice of heaven doing yard work.
Further, as my favorite stations range across the country, as well as the world, a plain old radio isn’t of much use.
TuneIn Radio Pro ($0.99) is the one app that can scratch the BBC, KCRW, WQLN, The Fan, Steelers football, Bob FM, Bloomberg Radio, etc itch.
• Record, pause and rewind any station as you listen (pro only)
• Set timed recordings for your favorite programs (pro only)
• Tune in to CBS, ESPN, TEDTalks and more
• Add stations, songs and shows to your presets
• Wake up with the alarm clock or fall asleep with the sleep timer
• Play your programs in the background while you use other apps
• See also: TuneIn Radio (free)
Local stations and a metric butt tonne of world radio on the “does everything” device in your pocket — cool. No, you can’t find every radio station everywhere, but there are thousands of stations available and this app sells for a buck.
Also, 40-million people are using this app, which puts in the same range as industry-leader Pandora.
Yes, you can go with the version of TuneIn Radio and get the stations, but spend the buck and TuneIn Radio Pro with recording + timed recording.
I’m loving it, you?