Direct Apple TV 5.1 download links
More or less, Apple’s products all just work together and recent hardware, software and iCloud updates have touched on almost everything. That said, though most will choose to perform the update on the device, the DIY/hacker crowd prefers get to their Apple TV 5.1 download direct.
And, here’s the business end of this post, the promised Apple TV 5.1 download links:
While you await the completion of your download, consider the new features and fixes in Apple TV 5.1 Update, as well as the security content (below the fold):
• Shared Photo Streams – Accept invitations for Shared Photo Streams, browse photos and comments, and receive notifications of new content
• AirPlay – Send audio content from Apple TV to AirPlay-enabled speakers and devices (including AirPort Express and other Apple TVs). Also includes the ability to require an onscreen code to use AirPlay with your Apple TV
• iTunes account switching – Save multiple iTunes accounts and switch quickly between them
• Trailers – Search movie trailers. In the United States, see show times for local theaters
• Screen savers – New Cascade, Shrinking Tiles, and Sliding Panels screen savers
• Main menu – Reorder icons on the second page by holding down the select button on the remote
• Subtitles – SDH support for the deaf and hard-of-hearing as well as improvements to viewing and selecting subtitles
• Network configuration – Support for setting up advanced network options using configuration profiles. See HT5437 for more info
• Stability and performance – Includes general performance and stability improvements.
Be sure to check out the just published security content of Apple TV 5.1, which details a surprisingly long list of vulnerabilities addressed in this update including a few nasty “application termination or arbitrary code execution” type issues.