Kindle for Mac adds Lion gestures, Kindle Format 8 support
Amazon’s Kindle Fire might not make a dent in the universe, but the company’s Kindle book reading platform already owns the ebook space because users can read on almost any desktop, portable or mobile computer. Case in point is Kindle for Mac, a fresh update of which adds support for Lion gestures, Kindle Format 8, Japanese and fixes a bunch o’ bugs just for good measure.
Amazon is shipping Kindle for Mac 1.10.3 (free) is now available and arrives with following features and fixes:
• Support for Lion gestures (panning and swiping)
• Support for Kindle Format 8 books, providing richer formatting
• Improved support for larger libraries; Bug fixes and performance improvements
• Improved performance for books that have a large number of notes and highlights
• Support for Japanese
• Miscellanous bug fixes
• Requires OS X 10.5 or later
As noted in the lead, the Kindle app is available for numerous platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry and Windows Phone.
Also, though you can still directly download older versions of the app, this latest version of Kindle for Mac appears to be available exclusively through the Mac App Store.