Mac Maintenance: Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner, Cocktail updated for OS X 10.8.2
Maintaining your Mac isn’t the sexiest work, but it will keep your baby purring smoothly along. That said, every time Apple updates Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner and Cocktail users need to get the latest version of their preferred Mac maintenance tool.
For their part, Sweden’s Maintain has released Cocktail 6.1 with the following changes baked in:
• Added OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 compatibility
• Added ability to disable leather skin in Calendar and Contacts (Interface – Misc)
• Improvements to the Pilot scheduler
• Other minor bug fixes
Some folks just hate Apple’s skeuomorphic user interface elements.
• Adds disable Notification Center to MLCC documents
• Adds disable Help Center to MLCC documents
• Fixes a reported issue with the MLCC global menu
• Adds support for OS X 10.8.2
• Minor optimizations and improvements
MLCC also allows users to tweak Mountain Lion to remove skeuomorphism.
For what it’s worth, both Northern Softworks and Maintain continue to offer legacy versions of their Mac maintenance apps compatible with legacy versions of Mac OS X all the way back to OS X 10.4 (Tiger) — good stuff.