OmniGrowl 4.5 adds Growl 2, Notification Center support
OS X Mountain Lion’s Notification Center is cool and doubly so when you pair with Growl 2.0, a third-party notification app. However, maximum notification juice (think firehose) comes when you add add OmniGrowl and version 4.5 brings both Growl 2 and Notification Center compatibility.
Wooden Brain Concepts has released OmniGrowl 4.5 (version history), a major update of their popular Growl notification service extender.
• Now supports Notification Center via Growl 2.0
• Includes Growl 2.0 framework
• Major under-the-hood changes to support Growl 2.0
• Work-around for improperly formatted BBC RSS feed links
• Updated or removed outdated RSS Feed presets and added others
• Netflix preset removed due to Netflix discontinuing shipping feed on Sept 15, 2012 (please complain to Netflix)
• Fixed image display for Google News feed notification.
• Fixed Woot (again)
• Fixed MacZot (again)
• Fetches twitter image if user home page is entered with “#!” in the URL.
• Now requires OS X 10.6 or higher and an Intel Mac
If you want a highly tweakable, gushing if you prefer, firehose of notifications covering just about every event your Mac can generate, from iCal, iTunes and RSS to third-party apps and OS X log events (geeky), then OmniGrowl is what you need.
OmniGrowl is shareware ($12) and you can download a trial here.