Photoshop Touch goes Retina, Premiere Pro CS6 gets an update
Busy days in San Jose. Adobe has been promising Retina optimized apps for the iPad “nü” and Retina MacBook Pro. The company has delivered the Retina version of Photoshop Touch and a Premiere Pro CS6 update that “improves” this movie editing app’s appearance on Retina Macs. Is that half a loaf? Step inside for the details.
Adobe has posted Photoshop Touch 1.3 ($9.99) for iPad to the App Store and, in addition to Retina display support, there is much to like in this point release:
• Retina Display Support: See your images like never before with the Retina display on the new iPad (third generation).
• Higher resolution capabilities: Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Supports images up to 12 megapixels.
• Two new languages: Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.
• Two new Effects: Shred and Colorize
• Smoother animation and scrolling in the organizer, tutorial browser, and file picker
• New gesture to toggle 100% view and fit screen (three-finger tap)
• New pixel nudging mode for precise movements
• Support for Apple Photo Stream
• Various bug fixes
• Updates for HiDPI display, which improves appearance on computers that use Retina Display, such as MacBook Pro computers
• Added GPUs to the list of those that Premiere Pro CS6 will use for GPU processing: GT 650M (which is in the newer MacBook Pro computers) and GTX 680
— Premiere Pro can use either OpenCL or CUDA for GPU processing on the GT 650M. The default is to use OpenCL. You can change this in the General project settings.
And, Adobe’s pretty slow in delivering the promised Retina upgrades for its apps. Then again, Apple is taking its sweet time in delivering Retina Macs.
C’est le vie…
— iMovie 9.0.8 addresses third-party QT component issue
— Java for Mac: Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion updates available
— Fractal Screensavers for OS X Mountain Lion
— Toast Titanium 11.1 goes Mountain Lion with GateKeeper support
— Photoshop CS6 13.0.1 patches security issue, bugs