Mac RSS: Reeder 1.2 adds QUOTE.fm, FaceBook, Messages functionality
One of the highest forms of praise one can give an RSS newsreader is you don’t have to think about it because it just works. Silvio Rizzi’s Mac RSS client Reeder just works and delivers some great features, as well, like Evernote, Twitter, Facebook, QUOTE and, of course, Google Reader integration.
Reeder is a really good Mac RSS client that, happily enough, is also available for iPhone and iPad. Developer Silvio Rizzi has recently delivered updates for the iOS versions (below) and just refreshed the Mac version, as well, which gains Mountain Lions-specific functionality:
• Recommend on QUOTE.fm
• Send to QUOTE.fm Read
• Post on App.net
• Post on Facebook (Mountain Lion only , requires OS X 10.8.2)
• Share links with Messages (Mountain Lion only)
• Post on Twitter now uses the system wide sharing service (Mountain Lion only)
• [fix] Allow Reeder to utilize the integrated GPU if possible
• [fix] Spaces: Don’t switch to the previous Desktop when invoking “Mark all as read”
• [fix] Display issues when switching between HiDPI and standard resolutions
• [fix] Don’t close the in-app browser when playing Vimeo videos
There is also support for saving to Pinboard, Delicious, Zootool and posting to Twitter — a very well featured app.