Dragon Dictate 3.0.1 squishes bugs
For many people, no matter how tempting the features in a whole number release appear, it is always best to wait for the first point update. That said, Dragon Dictate 3.0.1 is now available and it is chock full o’ bug fixes and feature tweaks.
Nuance Communications has released Dragon Dictate 3.0.1 (support article), which comes to market with the following changes baked in:
• Addressed issues related to extraneous characters and inverted characters appearing in dictation results in some applications
• Addressed issues when correcting portions of addresses and times
• Corrected an issue with inconsistent reporting of missing microphone
• Added a progress indictor that appears when pasting large amounts of text
• Corrected issues related to transcription of M4V file formats
• Corrected inconsistent performance of the “Go back” command in Microsoft Word 2011
• Addressed issues related to inconsistent behavior in the Express Editor
• Aligned Voice Training Stories for US and UK English
• Documentation fixes and updates
For existing users, Dragon Dictate 3.0.1 can be downloaded and installed from within the app by clicking the “Dictate” menu and selecting “Check for Updates.” This update is available for direct download.
And, for those waiting for the first point update release before purchasing, you can get Dragon Dictate 3 on Amazon for $179.99 (Prime) — a $20 discount off the suggested SRP — which includes a free dictation headset.
That said, the lowest cost option is the Student/Teacher Edition (Prime) for $120.