Podcasts 1.1.2 addresses played episode bug
One of the most annoying issues with the Apple Podcasts app was the re-appearance of previously played podcast episodes. For example, 500-plus episodes of Mac OS Ken would show up unplayed every morning in Podcasts no matter how many times I marked them as played. That issue has been fixed.
So, now there is only fresh, often steaming, Mac OS Ken sarcasm in Podcasts in the morning.
Yes, boys and girls, get Podcasts 1.1.2. Not only has Apple fixed the played episode bug, but also quashed other bugs and tweaked features:
• Tapping a podcast in Top Stations now reveals episodes you can play
• You can now easily turn on automatic downloads for all subscribes podcasts in Settings
• Addresses an issue where previously played or deleted episodes would reappear as new
• Resolves an issue where Podcasts would unexpectedly play after a phone call or alarm
• Additional stability and performance enhancements
That said, although the Podcasts app has been something of an irritant to live with, it is getting better and Apple will keep picking away at the problems.
Are there any big issues that still need fixed in Podcasts or are you now generally satisfied with how it works?
Sound off in the comments…