iTunes 11 Keyboard Shortcuts
There is always a better way and, on the Mac, getting things done faster and more efficiently often involves using a keyboard shortcut. Here is a quick, dirty and unscientific list of iTunes 11 Keyboard Shortcuts that will boost your efficiency fast.
Miss Column View? Get it back using Command + B, which is one of scores of iTunes 11 Keyboard Shortcuts that make using and getting the most out of this ubiquitous app fast and easy.
• Navigation: Go to Playlist, Command + 1; Movies, Command + 2; TV Shows, Command + 3; Podcasts, Command + 4; iTunes U, Command + 5; Books, Command + 6; iOS Apps, Command + 7;
• New playlist, Command + N; New smart playlist, Command + Shift + N; Playlist from Selection, Command + Option + N
• Add to Library, Command + O; Open Stream, Command + U
• View: View Options, Command + J; Show Column Browser, Command + B; Show Up Next, Option + Command + U; Show Status Bar, Command + /; Show Sidebar, Option + Command + S; Show Visualizer, Command + T; Enter Fullscreen, Control + Command + F; Show in Finder, Command + Shift + R
• Control: Pause/play, Spacebar; Stop, Command + “.” (period); Go to Current Song, Command + L; Next, Command + ➞; Previous, Command + ←; Increase Volume, Command + ↑; Decrease Volume, Command + ↓; Eject Disc, Command + E
• Movie: Next Chapter, Control + Shift + Command + ➞; Previous Chapter, Control + Shift + Command + ←
• Store: Homepage, Command + Shift + H; Reload, Command + R; Back, Command + [; Forward, Command + ]
• Window: Show/Minimize iTunes, Option + Command + 1; Show Equalizer, Option + Command + 2; Show/Hide MiniPlayer, Option + Command + 3; Switch to MiniPlayer, Option + Command + M; Minimize iTunes, Command + M, Show Help Searchbar, Command + Shift + ?; Select iTunes Searchbar, Command + F
• Standard Mac Keyboard Shortcuts: Close window, Command + W; Get Info, Command + I; Print, Command + P; Select All, Command + A; Special Characters, Command + Option + T
Apple’s own iTunes 11 for Mac Keyboard Shortcuts is incomplete and, given that some shortcuts at context sensitive, the above list is likely missing a few, as well.
See an iTunes 11 keyboard shortcut that Apple or this article missed? Sound off in the comments…