Mac apps: Evernote 5.0.2, Dropbox 1.6.3 updates
If you work mobile, chances are you are using one or the other of these clipping, sharing, saving, syncing and generally just getting the job done Mac apps. But what’s up with Evernote updates not showing on the Mac App Store?
The latest version of Evernote available via the Mac App Store is v5.0, which is two point updates late. That said, I’ve gone rogue, downloaded direct and reinstalled, a process which took a good 10 minutes as the app needed to re-import all of my notes, etc.
So, if you’ve been wanting the updates (new features, bug fixes, tweaks), you might want to follow suit. However, if you have a very large account, please think twice as the transition from Mac App Store to stand alone could take a lot longer than 10 minutes.
New in Evernote 5.0.2
• New Premium feature: Related Notes in the Note Editor
• Drag-and-drop Notes onto Notebooks and Tags in the Sidebar
• Added an option to show Note counts in the Sidebar
• Added a Trash button to the Note Editor
• Nested Tags stay visible
• Fixed Atlas for Portuguese users
• Fixed Local Notebook creation
• Fixed “notebook:” and “tag:” searching
• Better high-DPI image handling in the Note Editor
• Reduced CPU/memory usage
• Various bug and localization fixes
— “Available” via Mac App Store (free)
And, yes, there’s Dropbox 1.6.3 (MacUpdate, download, free), which comes to market with a fix for OS X 10.4 (Tiger!!!) syncing issues, as well as other small fixes.. This app isn’t available on the Mac App Store, so no funkiness there.