Mac Apps: Firefox 17.0.1, iStat Menus 4.01 updates arrive
Time to market. Whatever business you are in, getting product into customer hands is the name of the game. Mozilla and Bjango are two companies that take that mission seriously, pushing out point-updates for their popular Mac apps just days after whole-number releases.
• [fix] Font rendering issue in Firefox 17.0
• [fix] 17.0.1: Reverted user agent change causing some website incompatibilities
• [new] First revision of the Social API and support for Facebook Messenger
• [new] Click-to-play blocklisting implemented to prevent vulnerable plugin versions from running without the user’s permission
• [tweak] Updated Awesome Bar experience with larger icons
• More issues, click release notes above
• Added ability to copy public IP address
• Fixed issues with calendar showing incorrectly in some timezones
• Fixed issue with disk activity not working with some disks
• Fixed missing sensors on 2012 Mac mini and 13 inch Retina MacBook Pro
• Fixed issue with “Show inactive as free” memory option not working in some elements
• Fixed issue with HD space calculations
• Fixed issue with Default fan speed setting not working
• Fixed issue with active fan set showing the wrong name
• Fixed issue with network menubar showing no activity in some cases
• Fixed issue with missing menubar elements in battery extra on desktop systems
• Fixed issue launching Network and Energy Saver preference panes
• Fixed issue with public IP showing a private IP with some network configurations
Bjango offers 14-day free trial of iStat Menus 4, which requires OS X 10.6 or later. Existing 3.x license holders can purchase iStat Menus 4 for $9.
A full license sells for $16.