Mac Apps: Little Snitch 3.0.2, OS X Server 2.2, Quicksilver 71 updates
Tools, tools, tools — it’s all about getting the job done. Ever wondered who’s connecting to your Mac? Little Snitch is the Mac app that can tell you while Quicksilver automates and simplifies scores of tasks.
Objective Development has released Little Snitch 3.0.2 (release notes), which comes to market with the following new features, tweaks and fixes built in:
• New Preference setting to limit number of total connections in Network Monitor.
• Redesigned visualization of Connection Alert timeout.
• Simplified Alert: Adaptive window width.
• Improves sorting by precedence in Little Snitch Configuration.
• Improves detection of Java applications.
• Improves Little Snitch 2 ruleset import.
• Bugfixes and performance improvements regarding the ruleset analysis.
• Fixes an issue which caused system hangs in combination with JollysFastVNC.
• Fixes an issue which caused recurring connection alerts.
• Fixes an issue with table background drawing on retina displays.
• Fixes an issue which produced redundant factory rules.
• Fixes an issue to prevent Little Snitch Agent crashes.
• Various other bug fixes and improvements.
Apple has delivered OS X Server 2.2 (Mac App Store, $19.99), which is all about fixing and tweaking features:
• Caching Server to speed up download of software distributed by Apple through the Mac App Store
• Time Machine service monitoring of which computers have backed up, when they last backed up and size of backup
• Wiki Server support for MacBook Pro with Retina display
• Fix for deleting apps uploaded to Profile Manager
• Ability to use Active Directory groups within Profile Manager
• Centralized Certificate management interface
An extensible app with plugin support that does, well, a lot. Quicksilver 71 includes a very large number of changes and we’ve included the top five here for your consideration:
• Release Notes are shown by default after each upgrade. This can be disabled by setting a hidden preference
• New icons from Dan Deming-Henes
• Translations complete for several languages, and in progress for more. See the Transifex project for current status
• Modernized the look of the Bezel interface
• Notification Center is now available as a notification handler in Mountain Lion
— Mac Video Pro: Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Motion updates
— Apple seeds OS X 10.8.3 12D38
— BBEdit 10.5 now Retina ready, New Go Menu, more
— Apple updates iWork for iOS, Mac
— Mac Notification: Growl 2.0.1 puts a thumb to bugs