Mac Video Pro: Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Motion updates
Australia has the Great Barrier Reef and the Mac Video Pro community has an equally impressive feature — the great divide between FPC and FPC X users, and never the twain shall meet. With these updates, the folks that prefer Final Cut Pro X, and there are more than a few, are gonna like it a bit more.
• The Letterbox effect “Offset” slider has been restored
• Fixes an issue when creating a single layer DVD
• Fixes an issue where some third-party effects could cause Final Cut Pro to hang during background rendering
• Fixes an issue where some third-party transitions would incorrectly use black instead of source media
• Adds support for editing MXF files that are still ingesting
• Fixes an issue rendering Motion Templates containing Image Units
As is oft their wont, Apple simultaneously delivered Compressor 4.0.6 ($49.99), which fixes an issue with the upload of clips of greater than 1 GB to Vimeo, and Motion 5.0.6 ($49.99), which puts a prejudicial thumb to Image Unit and dual display issues.