Pixelmator 2.1.4 ships, nVidia driver bug unresolved
The Pixelmator nVidia driver bug issue affects Macs running OS X 10.8.2 (GPU list below) and stems from problems in the drivers themselves, so it is unsurprising that a resolution isn’t available now. Think Apple and nVidia for that.
Nevertheless, there is a rather significant update available here and now.
“As promised, we’ve wrapped up a Pixelmator 2.1.4 (release notes) update for you just before the holidays,” writes Saulius for Team. “It’s a minor update, but we couldn’t be more proud of the quality and performance improvements we’ve made.
• Improves Auto Save support
• Enables layer Auto Select for painting and retouching tools
• Improves effects’ responsiveness when working with large images
• Improves Document Window resizing performance
• Improves Info Bar responsiveness
• Improves selections’ snapping accuracy
• Improves Adobe Photoshop CS6 brush collections support
• Enhances PDF file format support
• Improves localizations
• Scores of bug fixes
For what it’s worth If you have a Mac with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, GT 320M, GT 330M, 9400M or GT 9600 graphics card. To learn if your Mac has one of these GPUs, under the Apple Menu, go to About This Mac and then click System Information.
Pixelmator is available at the Mac App Store.