HTML5 Animation: Hype 1.6 Adds CSS Filter Effects, More
HTML5 didn’t quite take off like people thought. However, it’s also obvious that HTML5 animation is here to stay and getting stronger. Evidence thereof can be found in Tumult’s Hype with a fresh version available that brings new filters, tools and UI tweaks.
Tumult is shipping Hype 1.6 (blog), which comes to market with the following list of significant new features (clip below):
• CSS Filter Effects to blur, change brightness/contrast, and hue shift
• Resource Library for managing images, videos, functions, and document assets
• Capo tool: easily set animation start times when recording
• New actions to pause, continue, and jump to specific times
• Timeline Actions which can be triggered at any point on the timeline
• Action chaining to make sophisticated flows
• The document’s HTML head contents can now be modified
• Layout guides
• Scene editing improvements for rotating and resizing elements
• IE 10 and other current browser compatibility updates
• Retina artwork and icons for the app
Sandboxed and Retina UI elements? Out here, we call that OS X Mountain Lion ready.