Mac Games: Age of Empires III, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Updates Available
When you combine a new Mac and Christmas the mind naturally wanders to games. Although it has been some weeks since a major new release, there are, however, updates for Age of Empire III and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum — two very popular Mac games.
• Re-wrote the MP3 playback system in order to be compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
• Increased the application’s base system requirement to Mac OS X 10.5.6 or later
• The Mac build is now in sync with version 1.13 of the PC Age 3 software
• Boat Particle Effects have been changed. This should result in better performance when using Navies (PC 1.13)
• Fixed more out-of-sync bugs (PC 1.13)
• Double Deck Exploit has been fixed (PC 1.13)
Yup, this Age of Empires III for Mac update fixes issues that were patched in the PC version back in 2010 — yeah, winning!
Next us is RollerCoasterTycoon 3 Platinum 1.0.1 (Mac App Store) about which virtually nothing is known. Having trouble with this title? Perhaps you have nothing to lose in applying the update…
What’s your take?
— Holiday Mac Games Sale: 10 Titles Under $10, Borderlands 2 for 25% Off
— Mac Games: Call of Duty Black Ops 1.16 enables multiplayer, DLC upgrade
— Borderlands 2 for Mac now shipping
— Apple rolls ‘Big Games, Great Prices’ MAS promo
— Mac Games: GOG for the rest of us; Realm of the Mad God, free