Mac Updates: Photoshop CS6 13.0.4, Cocktail 6.3, Lecture Recorder 1.5
Try, try again. Adobe is back with another go at bringing HiDPI, a.k.a. Retina, display support to Photoshop CS6, while Sweden’s Maintain is on the Mac update warpath, too, with a Cocktail bump and the Fairer Platform brings you a new app find in Lecture Recorder.
Adobe gets grief for being, well, Adobe. However, the company is nothing if but persistent and they are back with Photoshop CS6 13.0.4 (download), which enables support for new HiDPI displays on the Macintosh platform for a dramatic improvement in image fidelity and resolution.
Sound familiar? It should, because that’s what Photoshop CS6 13.0.3 was supposed to do.
Meanwhile, Sweden’s Maintain has released Cocktail 6.3, which offers the following fixes and features:
• Added ability to clear Quarantine Events database
• Fixed a problem where Cocktail may report -600 error
• Addresses an issue in which Cocktail failed to restart or shutdown the computer
• Improvements to the Pilot scheduler
• Fixed compatibility issues with Opera 12
• Added OS X 10.8.3 compatibility
• Updated Automator actions
OS X 10.8.3 compatibility? That’s pretty interesting considering OS X 10.8.3 is still in beta.
Lastly, check out Lecture Recorder 1.5 ($0.99). Yes, this app is purposed for recording lectures, but should work very nicely if you need to record a doctor, lawyer or other mealy mouthed, jargon-addled professional.
Didn’t say that? Um, yeah, you did…