Apple Seeds OS X 10.8.3 12D65, iOS 6.1.1 Beta
No known issues and the focus areas for OS X 10.8.3 12D65 are the same. Nothing new? Apple doesn’t mention it in the seed notes, say sources, but the File:/// bug is fixed with this beta.
Knowledgeable canines say that little is known about this latest incremental Mountain Lion update beta other than that OS X 10.8.3
12D58 12D6112D65 arrives with no known issues and that testing should focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers and Safari — BOILERPLATE.
As previously mentioned, Safari 6.0.3 and Mail 6.3 are part of the OS X 10.8.3 install, which is substantial at 500-plus megabytes for the delta while the combo weighs in at a generous 800-plus megabytes.
As mentioned in the lede, OS X 10.8.3 12D65 fixes the File:/// bug. Now, knowledgeable folks say, if one types the offending string in the Safari address bar, nothing happens and tapping return opens a Finder window with the root drive selected.
iOS 6.1.1: Fixing Maps [mostly]
A lot of people like Apple Maps and a very vocal (minority) group absolutely hates the app. Guess who gets the headlines?
Nevertheless, Apple is dedicating iOS 6.1.1 pretty much exclusively to fixing Maps foibles, which are enumerated in the seed notes that accompanied the latest dev beta:
• Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
• Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
• Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
• Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
• Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
• Updated freeway color to green
• Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
Compiled from notes provided by Scruffy the Feature Retriever who is known to read MacRumors, AppleInsider, troll the forums on the dark side of the fairer platform and Better Homes & Gardens. Anyone have a good chutney recipe?