Mac Updates: Snapheal 2.2, Firefox 18.0.2, Opera 12.14
The Mac App Store (MAS) is good, bad and, just as often, not a factor at all. MacPhun’s Snapheal is one of the standout MAS apps of 2012. Opera does and Firefox does’t play in that sandbox. What do all three have in common? They are today’s Mac updates.
MacPhun has released Snapheal 2.2 ($8.99, Mac App Store) and there is stuff in this update, including new tools, tweaks and fixes:
• New tools — Clarity and Hue brushes in Retouch mode. Now you can adjust Clarity and Hue on specific part of your image, leaving the rest untouched.
• Improved RAW handling — Fixed bug that prevented from opening RAW files from Canon EOS 60D and some other cameras.
• Improved ColorSpace algorithm
• Improved loading of large files
• Improved erasing algorithm
• Improved crop
• Minor UI improvements
• Some important stability issues fixed
Mac updates not available on the Mac App Store are these patches from Mozilla and everyone’s favorite Norwegians.
So, to be or not to be on the Mac App Store? For Softpress, their Freeway Pro 6 isn’t viable there and they are not alone.
Still, there is no lack of new and updated software on the Mac App Store, but Apple’s rules vis-a-vis sandboxing, etc. have created conflict with developers.
What’s the bottom line? That’s a tough read…