Mac Pro UHF Repeater: A New, If Familiar Face
If imitation is the highest form of flattery, little wonder then that Apple is more than a little full of itself. That said, behold the Mac Pro UHF Repeater, 5.51lbs (8.58 X 3.54 X 8.66 inches) of near pure Apple adulation.
HYT sells if not makes a range of radio products, including the TR-50 5Watt UHF Repeater (Amazon) which sells for a paltry $999.
• Floating Charge: The TR-50 provides selectable AC(100~240V 50/60Hz)/DC(10.2 – 14.6V) power supply.
• CTCSS/CDCSS encoder & decoder:Set up talkgroups with unique CTCSS/CDCSS to prevent unwanted conversations on the same frequency.
• MULTI-CONTROL FOR ONSET OF THE FAN: The powerful DC brushless fan inside the cabinet is to effectively ensure the transmitter’s durability and stability while working at tough situations. Three options for the jumpers are PTT controlled, Continuous and Temperature controlled respectively.
• LED indicators: The LED indicators on the front panel highlight system status at a glance, including power-up, receive and transmit.
• PROGRAMMABLE CHANNEL SPACING: Users can set either a 25KHz or a 12.5KHz channel spacing to accommodate present and future channel allocations according to local radio regulations.
Applesque design and, it must be said, pricing. Is the HYT UHF Repeater an offense that begs Apple legal’s special attentions? Perhaps not now that Apple has unveiled the all-new 2013 Mac Pro…
What’s your take?