AirPrint technology, which allows users to wirelessly print to any compatible (i.e. HP) printer, is cool. However, in its infinite wisdom, Apple only officially supports HP printers and only recent models at that. AirPrint Activator gets around that restriction and its free.
AirPrint Activator v2.0b8 (142.8KB) automates the process of setting a non-HP printer and is compatible with all current versions of the Mac operating system — OSX Lion (10.7 beta), OSX Snow Leopard (10.6) and OSX Leopard (10.5).
Recent AirPrint Activator changes include:
• Fixed a bug that would turn off AirPrint during logoff… not very good. AirPrint will now properly start after a logoff/login operation.
• Added the ability to customize the text prefix in front of the printer name
• Changed the application folder existence check routing in case a folder get deleted.
• Fixed an issue for new Mac account that miss some required directories
• Added a verification routine to prevent two users from running AirPrint Activator on one Mac
• Added some error message regarding failure to activate AirPrint
AirPrint Activator is the automagical way to make most if not all Mac printers compatible with AirPrint. You can also get the job down manually.