Free, cheap, unique feature sets — there is no single let alone best way to listen to Pandora, the world’s best-loved music streaming service. Stuff running in a browser window sucks and here are a half dozen Pandora desktop apps for Mac to keep the tunes flowing, from simple menubar controllers to build outs of Pandora’s baseline feature set.
• Musicality ($4.99) — Just updated for OS X Mountain Lion. Makes online music services like Pandora, Last.fm, and Grooveshark just as easy and powerful as iTunes. If you love music, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it!
• Muse ($8) — Built on the same Pandora Radio website you already know and love. Also freshly updated for OS X Mountain Lion.
• PandoraJam ($15) — A stand-alone Pandora app that allows you to record songs directly from the stream and then automagically import them into iTunes. Brilliant.
— ”PandoraJam takes the songs Pandora is playing for you and dumps them, tagged into iTunes,” The Macalope.
• Pianopub — A free Pandora internet radio player for OS X, featuring Add/Remove stations, Growl support, Apple remote support and media key support.
• Streambox ($7.99) — A full-featured Pandora client that streams Pandora Radio right from the menu bar.
• PandaBar ($4.99) — Brings global keyboard shortcuts, Apple media keys, Apple remote controls, Growl notifications and more.