Changes and notable ones at that. The latest iteration of VLC Media Player comes to market with improved MKV playback, fixed MPEG2 AV encoding, AIFF and SWF demuxers, and more. Get all of the goodness inside. VideoLAN has delivered VLC Media Player 2.0.5 (release notes>, a point update with punch:
• Rework and fixes of the Mac OS X interface
• Fix Pulseaudio initial synchronization
• Fix MKV, SWF, AIFF and subtitles demuxer crashes
• Translations updates and new Welsh translation
• DVB-S delivery system detection
• Fix audio and video track selection through libVLC
• Fix system sleep issue on Mac OS X 10.5
Of course, your mileage may ever so slightly, but things just work on the Mac and solid reason for that is VideoLAN’s VLC Media Player — the free, open source AV playback solution that plays almost anything.
Get your very own of VLC Media Player 2.0.5 VLC Media Player 2.0.5 (64-bit Intel), which requires Snow Leopard or later. VideoLAN maintains versions for OS X 10.5.8 and PPC.