OS X Maintenance: ML Cache Cleaner, Cocktail updates available
Updates for two of the most popular OS X maintenance and optimization utilities, Mountain Lion Cache Clear (MLCC) and Cocktail, are now available. Whereas Cocktail offers tweaks, MLCC includes fixes and a couple new features to better control OS X Mountain Lion.
• Adds ability to disable Versions and Autosave
• Reduce internet connections by disabling Apple Push Daemon and Help Daemon
• Improves local user cache cleaning
• Improves compatibility with Snow Leopard systems
• Minor optimizations and improvements
MLCC is shareware and a full license can be purchased either direct or on Amazon ($14.99).
OS X maintenance done right
Sweden’s Maintain has released Cocktail 6.0.2 ($14) and it’s pretty much a straight dot fix, addressing these issues:
• Addresses an issue in which Cocktail could not force empty the Trash
• Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may fail to scan preference files
• Various improvements to the Pilot scheduler
• Resolves some OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility issues
For what it’s worth, both Maintain and Northern Softworks are located, though perhaps not high latitudes, well North of the rest of us — Sweden and Alaska, respectively. There must be something about those Northern climbs that focuses their mind of keeping their Macs running smoothly…
What’s your take?